Greetings from New Student Programs,
While a big focus in October is the advising and course registration process, there are a few other important steps in your transition to get started on now. These are outlined in the New Student Checklist, and here’s a quick summary of what to take care of related to housing and required health forms:
Complete the University Housing Application or Explore Off-Campus Options
University Housing sent an email to new spring students last week, so give it a read if you haven’t already! Here are some highlights:
- The spring housing application went live Oct. 5 in MyPack Portal.
- New students who apply by Oct. 12 will receive priority consideration for space available in housing. There will be reduced occupancy for spring semester, so apply early if you are at all interested in living on campus.
- Occupancy will be in single rooms for the spring semester. Double rooms assigned as singles will remain at the double room rate, and suites will be limited to a maximum of 4 residents.
For more information about what to expect living on campus, review the Spring Housing Information webpage or contact University Housing at 919.515.2440 or email@example.com.
If you’re interested in living off campus, you can use the Off-Campus Housing website to explore housing options and search for roommates.
SAVE THE DATE!
Transition Talk: University Housing
Monday, October 26 at 4:30 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. on Zoom
Join us to learn more about housing assignments, the move-in process, and what to expect living on campus this spring.
Complete Medical and Immunization Forms
- North Carolina Law requires that NC State students submit proof of immunizations to Student Health Services (SHS) within 30 days of registration of classes at NC State University. For more information on the requirements, exceptions, exemptions and how to submit records visit the SHS immunization webpage.
- In addition to submitting immunization records, students are required to complete a Health History Form and TB Questionnaire. Both can be found on the HealthyPackPortal.
- Questions? Call Student Health Services at 919.515.2563.