Thank you for your patience the last few months as the university has been adapting to the current environment and planning for your arrival to NC State in January 2021. On Sept. 23, you should have received an email from the chancellor with updates regarding the spring semester, including what we’ve learned and what we know now. Today, we’d like to share some more specific next steps you can take to prepare for your first semester and reiterate how excited we are for you to join the Wolfpack community.
Checklist and Important Dates
- We have updated the NSP Spring Connect webpage, which has new student checklist items and dates related to your transition.
- The spring 2021 academic calendar has been released. As originally planned, classes will start Jan. 11 and finish April 29 with final exams taking place May 3-7.
- Spring Orientation, which was previously scheduled for Thursday, Jan. 7 will now be held virtually on Friday, Jan. 8. Registration will open in November, and you will receive an email when it is available.
Academic Advising and Course Registration
- New spring students have priority course registration for the spring semester, and you can now view your enrollment start time in MyPack Portal. You will be able to enroll in your classes from home using the MyPack Portal Enrollment Wizard during your assigned time scheduled between Oct. 20-23.
- All students must participate in academic advising processes before they can register for courses.
- Learn more about the advising and registration process for your college or program on the Spring Connect advising and course registration website.
Spring Connect Advising Day
- In lieu of the previously scheduled on-campus Advising Day on Oct. 16, we have planned a variety of virtual advising and course registration support activities taking place Oct. 9-16 for you to complete advising and learn how to register for courses.
- Learn more about these activities on the Spring Connect advising and course registration website.
- Before enrolling in your first semester courses, you may need to complete placement tests/assessments. This helps ensure that you are enrolled in the appropriate courses.
- Chemistry, Math, and Foreign Language online placement tests should be completed by Thursday, Oct. 8 so your advisor has access to your scores during advising.
- Visit the Placement Testing website to learn which tests to take and get started.
- On-campus housing will be available for the spring semester!
- The application for new spring students will be available on Monday, Oct. 5.
- You will receive an email from University Housing this week with additional details.
Deferring Your Enrollment
If you no longer wish to enroll for the spring semester, you have the opportunity to defer your enrollment until Fall 2021. Submit this form by November 15 to request to defer your enrollment and let us know your Spring 2021 plans.
We will continue to keep you informed in the coming months as you prepare to begin at NC State, and please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
New Student Programs