Residents of Wood Hall,
You recently received notice of a COVID-19 cluster identified in Wood Hall. As a current resident of Wood Hall, we want to ensure that you know what this means for you and the community. All of Wood Hall is not in quarantine, but as a result of the number of positive cases identified in the building, the university is taking the following actions for the safety of all residents in Wood Hall:
- Testing for all current residents of Wood Hall will be completed by Student Health. See below for more information related to this testing.
- Students who need to be in quarantine or isolation have already been identified and moved. If you need to move to quarantine or isolation, you will be contacted either through Contact Tracing, Student Health Services and/or by University Housing.
- If you have not been contacted by Student Health Services, you are not being moved and you do not need to complete the Student Self-Report form.
- If you have not been contacted by Student Health Services, you may choose to stay, go home or elsewhere during this time. If you go home or elsewhere, you are encouraged to quarantine for 14 days.
- If you wish to cancel your housing contract and check-out of the building, you will need to submit a cancellation request found in MyPack Portal under forms.
- COVID-19 testing is being offered for all current residents of Wood Hall by Student Health Services. Testing will be done on-site in pop-up tents outside of Wood Hall C Building on Friday, Aug. 28, according to the following schedule. Please come at your assigned time so we do not congregate people waiting to be tested.
- 9:00 – 12:00 p.m. Last Name A – M
- 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. – Last Name N – Z
- 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. – Staff and others identified by Student Health Services
- Testing will also be offered to NC State staff that routinely enter or work in Wood Hall.
- Students who visited Wood Hall since August 23rd can call and make an appointment for testing at Student Health by calling 919-515-2563.
Behavior and Daily Activities
Residents can leave the building, but should limit their time outside the building for the next 14 days. Residents may leave Wood Hall to get food, get mail, and to take care of other things outside the building but must follow the university’s Community Standards.
Within Wood Hall, residents must comply with the following:
- No gatherings – residents should stay in their rooms as much as possible and limit contact with others.
- Wear face coverings, even in your room when others are in your space.
- No outside visitors in Wood Hall. No visitation is permitted in Wood Hall during this time period, including residents of other on-campus communities. The exception to this is for completing the move-out process. As a result of this cluster announcement, we recommend limiting the number of helpers who come into the building to assist you.
- Wash your hands regularly and use hand sanitizer.
- Limit two people per elevator.
- Non-compliance with Community Standards may result in a referral to the Office of Student Conduct.
- Every bathroom is being cleaned on a daily basis with enhanced cleaning methods.
- High-touch areas are receiving extra cleaning efforts.
These actions are in effect until changes are announced. Decisions regarding changes will be based on the identification of any new cases, results of laboratory tests or additional guidance from county or state public health authorities.
We know this is an unnerving time and NC State is here to support you. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact University Housing during our business hours of 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday at 919.515.2440 or email email@example.com. After 5 p.m. you can call the Wolfpack Response Line at 919.512.3272.
With Wolfpack Pride,