- No. 1 best college in North Carolina (Money)
- No. 3 veterinary medicine program nationally (U.S. News & World Report)
- No. 4 in online graduate computer and IT programs nationally (U.S. News & World Report)
- No. 6 best value among public universities nationally (U.S. News & World Report)
- No. 7 best value for out-of-state students among public universities (Kiplinger’s)
- No. 8 MBA program for best return on investment (Poets & Quants)
- No. 9 best value for in-state students among public universities (Kiplinger’s)
- No. 9 online graduate engineering program nationally (U.S. News & World Report)
- No. 11 online MBA nationally (Princeton Review)
- No. 11 undergraduate program for entrepreneurship nationally (Princeton Review and Entrepreneur)
- No. 12 graduate engineering program among public universities (U.S. News & World Report)
- No. 15 online graduate program in education nationally (U.S. News & World Report)
- No. 16 graduate statistics program nationally (U.S. News & World Report)
NC State students won a Goldwater Scholarship, a Marshall Scholarship, a Truman Scholarship, a Udall Scholarship, two Astronaut Scholarships, a Fulbright grant and 24 National Science Foundation graduate research fellowships in the 2017-2018 academic year.
Twenty-five of our faculty are members of the National Academies.
Rodolphe Barrangou, Todd R. Klaenhammer Distinguished Scholar in Probiotics Research and associate professor of food science, was elected to the National Academy of Sciences. Barrangou also won the 2018 National Academy of Sciences Prize in Food and Agriculture.
Donald Bitzer, Distinguished University Professor of computer science, and William Ditto, professor of physics, were inducted into the National Academy of Inventors.
NC State ranked No. 5 in producing Fulbright Scholars among national research universities in the 2017-2018 academic year. The Fulbright Scholar Program honored NC State faculty with eight scholar awards, a specialist award and a distinguished chair award.
The National Science Foundation presented its prestigious Early Career Award to five NC State researchers in fields spanning computer science, mathematics, mechanical and aerospace engineering, physics and statistics.
The NCSU Libraries won the 2018 Library of the Future Award from the American Library Association.